- Paper accepted in the 15th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Information Systems, KMIS 2023 (9/19/2023)
- Paper accepted in the 7th International Conference on Information System and Data Mining, ICISDM 2023 (9/19/2023)
- Paper Published at the 10th International Workshop on Energy Harvesting & Energy-Neutral Sensing Systems (ENSsys 2022) (11/6/2022)
- Papers accepted and published at 17th International Symposium on Visual Computing, ISVC 2022 (10/11/2022)
- Meet NES @ HODcon on September 29th in Bochum (9/25/2022)
- Best Project Group Award for SAFER: Smart bAttery-FrEe dooRplates (9/16/2022)
The Networked Embedded Systems group has been founded by Prof. Dr. Pedro José Marrón in 2007 at the University of Bonn. Due to a shift in his position, the group belongs now to the University of Duisburg-Essen since October 2009. First located in Duisburg, the group moved to Essen in October 2013 and is now part of the Institute for Computer Science and Business Information Systems (ICB) of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
As an academic research group, the Networked Embedded Systems group is responsible for the planning and execution of several courses in the systems area. The courses are held at the Bachelor and Master level in various national and international computer science and engineering programs. An overview of past and present courses held in each semester can be found on the teaching page.
Besides from teaching, the members of the group are performing state of the art research in the area of networked embedded systems. Thereby, the group is focusing on the design and development of algorithms, platforms, models and tools to support the whole lifecycle of systems development. More details on this research focus can be found on the research page.
In addition to the funding provided by the university, the research of the group is funded through several third parties such as the European Commission or the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. In addition, the group is cooperating with industrial partners to apply the research results in practice. An overview of past and present projects can be found on the projects page.