Tutor: Marcus Handte
This project group covers fundamental concepts related to the development of location-based services in theory and practice.
During the first part, basic models, algorithms, data structures and applications are introduced in a series of lectures. In addition, the participants will prepare 30-minute talks on basic technologies that will be used in the project.
During the second part, the participants will be jointly designing, implementing and evaluating a location-based service consisting of a mobile application, a web service and a web-based application.
The theoretical part of the project group covers the following contents:
- Geometric, symbolic and hybrid location models
- Localization systems and algorithms for outdoor and indoor environments
- (Energy-)efficient location acquisition and communication
- Server-based location data management
- Privacy aspects related to location information
- Example location-based services and applications
The practical part of the project group will be based on the following technologies:
- Web Service: J2EE (Wildfly AS) with JPA (Hibernate), JAX-RS (Resteasy) and Webservice IDL (Swagger)
- Web Applicaiton: Typescript (Nodejs) with reactive (Vuejs) views and map visualizations (Leafletjs)
- Mobile Application: Android (Android Framework, HSQLDB)
Students participating in this course should have good programming skills in at least one object-oriented language and should be familiar with HTTP.
The number of participants in this course ranges between 6 and 10. The admission to this course is managed centrally.