The goal of this project group is the design, implementation and evaluation of a crowd sourcing service for temperature information. The service consists of applications that are able to capture temperature measurements and location information autonomously on behalf of their users, a backend that is able to store, process and anonymize the temperature information gathered through the devices and, a web-based application that enables interested third parties to visualize and access the measurements.
The theoretical part of the project group covers fundamental concepts related to the development of location-based services in theory and practice. This includes basic models, algorithms, data structures and applications which are introduced in a series of lectures covering the following contents:
- Geometric, symbolic and hybrid location models
- Localization systems and algorithms for outdoor and indoor environments
- (Energy-)efficient location acquisition and communication
- Server-based location data management
- Privacy aspects related to location information
- Example location-based services and applications
In addition, the participants will prepare individual seminar talks and papers on selected research topics related to privacy-preserving crowd sensing as well as the processing of temperature and location information.
The practical part of the project group will be based on the following technologies:
- Web Service: J2EE (Wildfly AS) with JPA (Hibernate), JAX-RS (Resteasy) and Webservice IDL (Swagger)
- Web Applicaiton: Typescript (Nodejs) with reactive (Vuejs) views and map visualizations (Leafletjs)
- Mobile Application: Android (Android Framework, HSQLDB)
Students participating in this course should have good programming skills in at least one object-oriented language and should be familiar with HTTP.
The number of participants in this course ranges between 6 and 10. The admission to this course is managed centrally.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Find Information in LSF here.